Getting organized doesn’t have to be hard. It can even be fun – fun to see the mess disappear! And it’s easier to manage schoolwork when you’re organized. That means more free time and better grades.
Wow! How cool is that?
- Start with “stuff”. Things like old homework papers are easy to sort if you use the “touch it once” rule. As you sort out your papers, decide whether each paper is a keeper, or should be tossed. Keep only things that will help you later – for example, handouts you need for a test.
- The most important part of managing your study time is to be consistent. Set a homework time for each day and stick to it. Your brain will be ready to work when study time rolls around.
- Study even when you have no homework. Review your notes or read a new book.
- Take a short break after studying for 20 minutes. You’ll remember more and have more energy.
- Using flash cards is the best way to remember facts. You can carry them in your pocket. Practice everything from math facts to vocabulary just about anywhere – on the school bus, or right before a test.