1. I’ve lived in a haunted house and witnessed ghostly happenings.
2. I went to Woodstock and stayed in a tent, in the rain.
3. I once appeared on the Today Show, interviewed by Jane Pauley, after successfully lobbying for passage of a bill.
4. I lived in Brittany, France, for a year, in an unheated stone cottage.
5. I used to hang out alone and do my homework in a graveyard.
6. I been down 10,000 feet to the sea floor in the submersible ALVIN, a three-man submarine – twice.
7. I’ve climbed mountains in Tibet, including the sacred, 21,000-foot Mount Kailash.
8. I’ve been a geyser gazer in Yellowstone National Park, and watched wolves, elk, moose, buffalo, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, mountain lions and grizzly and black bears.
9. I sang lead vocal at a rock concert in college.
10. I spent two months sailing in the fjords of Patagonia, Chile, on a tiny boat with two scientists, two Chilean sailors, and three live sheep, which became lamb chops.
Now, here are the answers:
1. True. I even watched a large mirror fly across my bedroom.
2. False. My best friend wimped out on me.
3. True. I was terribly nervous!
4. True. I was terribly cold!
7. False. I sent my son instead. Which is a good thing, since I get altitude sickness.
8. True. In fact, I’ve seen every one of these animals near our mountain cabin at one time or another. Even buffalo, when our neighbor kept some!
10. True. I felt sorry for the sheep, who lived outside on the deck of our tiny little boat.